What’s this all about?
Helping you have a good time figuring out for yourself what you can do to get slightly closer to living life to your “max potential.”
Let’s break that down:
- Have a good time. If you’re not having a good time improving your life, you’re doing it wrong.
- Figure out for yourself. Want a “recipe for success” to follow? Lots of gurus have courses, packages, and products to sell you.
- Slightly closer. Take small steps or you’ll trip and stumble back down to where you started.
- Max potential. Whatever “winning at life” means to you.
Who are the idiots in charge?
We’re Kim and Chris, a recently-married couple from Vancouver, Canada.
I, Chris, am mostly responsible these days now that Kim’s moved on to work on bringing people closer together over food.
What are our qualifications?
Kim has a Spanish degree. I studied Commerce.
We started this site as an off-the-beaten-path travel blog in 2018, when we fled to Medellin after getting booted from our apartment in Vancouver. It’s since morphed into an offbeat self-help site that, somehow, over 150,000 people read every month. But that could be 90 percent bots, for all we know.
Maybe that’s our one strength?
We don’t pretend to be know-it-alls or act like we’re anything we’re not. Somehow, that’s been working wonderfully for our lives.
Call us lucky or delusional, but maybe if you hang out with us long enough some of our good fortune or “free thinking” will rub off on you.
What’re we up to now?
As I write this at the end of May 2021, our biggest challenge is fitting a new milk-monster, late-night-partying baby boy into our life here in Vancouver. If you notice a dip in quality, quantity, and sanity in content here, he’s why.
When the little bugger’s sleeping, or when Kim’s taking one for the team, I’m trying to figure out how to expand and monetize the 30-Day Redirect course, which was a surprisingly successful experiment in April. And I’m putting effort into making entertaining but inspiring videos to help people who’re too lazy to read.
What do you think I can do to better help you and others do better things with your lives?
Other things we’re doing:
- Researching, Writing, and Taping: Posts and videos elaborating on the core concepts from the 30-Day Redirect.
- Watching: Peaky Blinders, Ted Lasso, and Formula 1: Drive to Survive.
- Reading: The Righteous Mind.
- Struggling With: The name, “The Unconventional Route.” It puts too much emphasis on being “unconventional,” which is not the point. But what other name should I replace it with?
You’re still here?
If you want to join the good times figuring out how to be great at life, the best way to do so is to subscribe to Consider This. Every 10 days, you’ll get a quick, new idea that challenges your regular way of thinking.
Once you subscribe, reply to the welcome email to introduce yourself. This site’s not that popular yet (only about 4,000 people have subscribed), so I promise to respond to you.